Thursday, May 6, 2010

some random facts

It's a very dreary morning here, and I'm headed off to work, so I won't be spending the day hunkered down in my sewing room working on fun quilty projects. I am, however, participating in my first ever online swap group - the Modify Tradition mini-quilt swap. I put together a mosaic of projects seen on flickr that I really love (if you click on the mosaic you will be directed to the image on flickr which gives credit to all of the project creators) to help my secret swap partner know more about me.

And to tell my partner and you wonderful readers more about myself, I put together this list of random facts... I'd love it if you'd leave me a comment with some fun facts about you!

1. The age indicated on my driver's license is SO much older than the age I really feel.

2. I wish I were better at grammar, but not enough to really do much about it.

3. I LOVE the smell of Crayola crayons... but it's got to be Crayola - every other brand is sub-par.

4. My husband and I didn't start dating until his sister and my mother (very good friends then and now) gave up on trying to get us together. We met our freshman year of college and started dating our senior year. 22 years married this month!

5. My favorite dessert is cookies... nothing else even comes close.

6. I enjoy lots of different kinds of music, except jazz. I think every piece of jazz music sounds the same.

7. I used to be a closeted sewing geek, but since flickr and this blog, not so much.

8. I really enjoy being with my in-laws.

9. My sophomore year of college I transferred to an out of state school (IU Bloomington), but transferred back to EIU (10 minutes from my home) at the Christmas break because I was too homesick.

10. I used to think I was a pretty smart cookie until I started helping my high school daughter study for her honors science classes.

11. My husband is the smartest person I know. He remembers everything - what we ate at what restaurant, how to get everywhere we've ever been, how to calculate compound interest - I could go on forever.

12. I don't really like wine, but I love champagne. Especially with chambord :)

13. I keep a running list of every book that I have ever read.

14. I am a creature of habit.

15. My uncle is also my brother-in-law. He was my uncle first. His second wife is my husband's sister (previously mentioned in #4).

16. When I die, and my family has to clean out all my stuff, they will all be thinking (and maybe saying out loud) "Did she ever finish ANYTHING?!"

17. I am a big believer in the saying, "if it's worth doing, then it's worth doing right." Hence all the unfinished projects - or maybe that relates more to the saying "if it's worth doing today, it will still be worth doing tomorrow."

18. I work at a quilt shop located 10 minutes from my home. The people are great fun, we have beautiful fabrics, and they even let me teach classes there!

19. I don't drink coffee - never have.

20. I'm going to take a conversational French class at our local college later this year. I've been to Paris three times, and if I get to go again, I'd like to be able to communicate better.

21. I was an accountant in my previous life.

22. I'd rather bake than cook dinner.

23. I hate snow.

24. I love travel, flowers, quilting, dark chocolate, and reading... not necessarily in that order.

2 comments:

  1. oooo! I've been wanting to take a French class too. Can I go with you? As long as it's not a Sat or a weekday during working hours that is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's such a great post. Firstly you're so brave joining a swap. I want to join a bee but I'm worried I'm not good enough! I totally agree with no. 1. I love your complicated family tree. I'm with you on cookies but I'd add brownies in too. 16 made me actually laugh out loud. I'd love to work in the quilt shop. I was a lawyer in my previous life (ouch!). I also find cooking dinner such a boring task, as is cleaning, mowing the lawn, tidying the kids' bedrooms. I used to think I could dance OK but really I know I'm rubbish and now dance a bit old lady-ish. I hate being cold. I like snow on the first day but this year it got to be too much. I love champagne but actually I love wine too but I hate spirits. I am already planning what hand sewing project I will take on holiday in the summer. My husband and my 12 year old son are smarter than me but I would never tell them that. And finally, I promised my 10 year old son I'd take him to see Iron Man 2 today which I can't say I'm too excited about!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and reading a little bit about me and taking the time to comment! Have a wonderful day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...