And to tell my partner and you wonderful readers more about myself, I put together this list of random facts... I'd love it if you'd leave me a comment with some fun facts about you!
1. The age indicated on my driver's license is SO much older than the age I really feel.
2. I wish I were better at grammar, but not enough to really do much about it.
3. I LOVE the smell of Crayola crayons... but it's got to be Crayola - every other brand is sub-par.
4. My husband and I didn't start dating until his sister and my mother (very good friends then and now) gave up on trying to get us together. We met our freshman year of college and started dating our senior year. 22 years married this month!
5. My favorite dessert is cookies... nothing else even comes close.
6. I enjoy lots of different kinds of music, except jazz. I think every piece of jazz music sounds the same.
7. I used to be a closeted sewing geek, but since flickr and this blog, not so much.
8. I really enjoy being with my in-laws.
9. My sophomore year of college I transferred to an out of state school (IU Bloomington), but transferred back to EIU (10 minutes from my home) at the Christmas break because I was too homesick.
10. I used to think I was a pretty smart cookie until I started helping my high school daughter study for her honors science classes.
11. My husband is the smartest person I know. He remembers everything - what we ate at what restaurant, how to get everywhere we've ever been, how to calculate compound interest - I could go on forever.
12. I don't really like wine, but I love champagne. Especially with chambord :)
13. I keep a running list of every book that I have ever read.
14. I am a creature of habit.
15. My uncle is also my brother-in-law. He was my uncle first. His second wife is my husband's sister (previously mentioned in #4).
16. When I die, and my family has to clean out all my stuff, they will all be thinking (and maybe saying out loud) "Did she ever finish ANYTHING?!"
17. I am a big believer in the saying, "if it's worth doing, then it's worth doing right." Hence all the unfinished projects - or maybe that relates more to the saying "if it's worth doing today, it will still be worth doing tomorrow."
18. I work at a quilt shop located 10 minutes from my home. The people are great fun, we have beautiful fabrics, and they even let me teach classes there!
19. I don't drink coffee - never have.
20. I'm going to take a conversational French class at our local college later this year. I've been to Paris three times, and if I get to go again, I'd like to be able to communicate better.
21. I was an accountant in my previous life.
22. I'd rather bake than cook dinner.
23. I hate snow.
24. I love travel, flowers, quilting, dark chocolate, and reading... not necessarily in that order.