Pages

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Plan B


I just finished my Fresh Modern Bee block for August. This one is for Jolene at Happy Modern Quilts; she will be making a quilt for her daughter with our blocks using pinks, oranges, yellows, and a few pops of lime green - a very happy palette!

I really struggled with this block - my original layout turned out to be waaayyy too busy, and then it took forever for me to come up with a Plan B after I had paper-pieced those flying geese segments (and used up most of the fabric she sent.) But I'm pretty happy with the way it turned out. I hope you and your daughter are too, Jolene! This is going to be a fabulous quilt judging from the photos in the flickr pool :)

On a completely unrelated note, I've had the Partridge Family song "I Think I Love You" running through my head ALL day. I'll bet you didn't know that every time David Cassidy sang that song in the 70's, he was singing it to me... did you? But I had to turn him down so I could finish middle school... *sigh*

HAHAHAHA - Have a great day :)

1 comment:

Thanks so much for stopping by and reading a little bit about me and taking the time to comment! Have a wonderful day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...