Pages

Sunday, August 1, 2010

There's no place like home

We are home from a week-long vacation to the Big Apple. It was our first family trip to NYC. We saw many amazing things (photos that follow are not necessarily in order of amazing-ness) like M&M World in Times Square...

If you've never been there, they have M&Ms in every color known to man available to purchase as well as tons of wacky dispensers, t-shirts, pajamas, socks, hats, keychains... you name it! All M&Ms, all the time. Eat your hearts out, Tante, Nana, Mimi, and Aunt Lisa!

The Metropolitan Museum of Art was my personal favorite; I could wander that place for days. Here are my two dancers posing with Degas' "Tiny Dancer" sculpture. I love, love, love this piece of art, and I've been lucky enough to see it three places: Paris, Chicago, and now NYC!

Another room at the Met...

Remains of an Egyptian temple awarded to the Met because they had the best plans to house all the pieces in one room (and probably the most money to accomplish the building of said room.)

Our day-long trip to Liberty and Ellis Islands was my second-favorite NYC experience. Here I am at the base of Lady Liberty with my girls...

A shameless tourist photo with King Kong at the Empire State Building...

"Oh look! They named some islands after me!"

And lastly, Alan and I atop the Empire State Building. Amazing views on a beautiful sunny day!

It's good to get away and see new sights, but oh, so wonderful to come home :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by and reading a little bit about me and taking the time to comment! Have a wonderful day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...