Pages

Thursday, June 21, 2012

why yes, it IS another skirt

My latest wardrobe addition is another Fat Quarter skirt made using the fabulous tutorial from Venus de Hilo found here.

A photo of my new skirt front...


And one of my new skirt back...


Stephanie (aka Venus) gives you step by step instructions in three installments so you can make your very own drawstring summery skirt from just six fat quarters! I made one last year using her tutorial, so I already had my custom fitted pattern prepared, and the whole thing took me about two hours. Well, maybe three since I decided to sew the drawstring inside-out and turn it with a bodkin. That took a bit longer than I expected - lesson learned - so next time I'll do it the way she told me :)

I've probably got enough fat quarters in my stash to make one of these skirts for every day of the summer season.

So, you might be seeing more of them here.

Just sayin'...

P.S. Fabrics are from the Stockholm line by Robin Zingone for Robert Kaufman.

3 comments:

  1. What a great summer skirt - you will get tons of wear out of this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, gorgeous! Adore that leaf print on the front: what a great print to build a skirt around. Thanks for recommending the tute!

    I just started pairing up some FQs to make new skirts this morning. It may take me two hours just to find the paper pattern I used last time (may be faster to draft a new one).

    ReplyDelete
  3. The FQ tute website is no longer online, do you have the instructions, pretty please?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and reading a little bit about me and taking the time to comment! Have a wonderful day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...