Saturday, April 20, 2013

Twinkle finished!

I've checked one more item off the UFO list - my Twinkle quilt!


In my last post about this quilt I mentioned that I was a bit hesitant about my choice of magenta thread for the machine quilting. But I think it was a great choice! It isn't as obvious in the darker blocks, but in the lighter ones it really stands out and looks fabulous...


The quilting pattern is an overall swirl - a different one than I've used before, but I'll definitely use it again. I do love a swirly quilting pattern :) Carol Linder in Hampshire did the long arm quilting for me.


The binding fabric is the same as the star points: Art Gallery Oval Elements in Mood Indigo.


The backing (the whole nine yards of it!) is Kaffe's Kite Tails in Emerald - the Pantone color of 2013. I know, I'm so on trend, right?


I want to always remember that my friend, Sharon, gave me all of the luscious fabrics for the quilt front, so I put her name right on the label...



I brought the quilt last week to my Crystal Lake Modern Quilt Guild meeting for show and tell. Here I am reading the label to Sharon...


And this was her reaction :)


That leaves only 6 items on my "Group A - Almost Done! Really Want to Finish!" UFO list.

27 total UFOs, but still, WOO-HOO!!

Quilt stats:
28 blocks at 14" square
84" x 98" finished size
Warm and Natural batting
Star points - Oval Elements Mood Indigo
Star Centers - Kaffe Fassett Shot Cotton in Apple
Block Fabrics - 168 unique fabrics from Kaffe Collective, Anna Maria Horner, and Amy Butler
Backing: Kaffe Kite Tails in Emerald


1 comment:

  1. This is such a beautiful quilt...........and celebrate that back.......I'm just learning how happy a beautiful back can make me !

    That quilting design is really pretty.........some of the swirls don't even seem to connect to the rest.........just lovely in that magenta thread.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and reading a little bit about me and taking the time to comment! Have a wonderful day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...