Pages

Monday, February 15, 2016

valentine pillows

Every year after the Christmas holiday is over and all the decorations are packed away, I find myself in the same spot - no seasonally appropriate pretty pillows to replace the Christmas ones.


Last week I finally remedied that problem by whipping up these three fun pillows using home dec weight fabric purchased at WalMart...WalMart!!

I'm not a big fan of that particular retail company, but when I saw Jona Giammalva's recent Periscope about her fabric score at her local superstore, I decided to give it a try.  My local store had this great red geometric print for $3.97 per yard. What?!  And the ticking stripe was $6.97 per yard!

A couple of yards of fabric, three zippers, and two hours of cutting and sewing later, I had three great new pillows for my family room :)


Jona's recent blog post about her new heart applique pillow will give you all the tips and tricks for making your own, and she has a great tutorial on how to insert an invisible zipper into the side seam of your pillow covers.  Check it out - it's easy and foolproof!


The red pillows are 20" square, and the heart pillow is 18" square.  Seriously, this project could not have been any easier. 


Thanks for the terrific tips and tutorials, Jona!!

3 comments:

  1. What a great idea, and what gorgeous fabric, for such a steal. Hard not to 'love' them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marie! Yes, Jona always has great ideas for projects and tips to help you make them yourself :)

      Delete
  2. I face the same challenge each year--moving from Christmas decorations to Valentine. Am slowly adding Valentine things and now it is time to move on to spring

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and reading a little bit about me and taking the time to comment! Have a wonderful day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...