These fabrics are so sweet and breezy... perfect for a summer baby girl :)
Supplies needed for this 45" finished quilt:
- one FQ of a focus fabric for the center cut to 16.5" square
- 5/8 yard first border fabric cut into (3) 6" strips (sometimes 1/2 yard just isn't enough after squaring up)
- 32 charm (5") squares divided as follows:
8 charms each for the 2nd top and bottom borders
4 charms for the cornerstones in the final border
- 2/3 yard final border fabric cut into (4) 5" strips*
- 1/8 yard flange fabric cut into (4) 1" strips (optional)
- 3/8 yard binding
- pieced backing to make 50" square
Things I like about this pattern:
- So easy! Not a lot of cutting necessary if you use pre-cut charm squares.
- It would be a great go-to pattern for when you need a quick gift.
- Wide variety of readily available charm packs suitable for baby quilts.
- I love a flange, but it is completely optional, making it even quicker.
Things I'd do differently next time:
- Choose a softer yellow for the first border. It's very sunny and happy, but it feels a tad overpowering against the other softer tones.
- Change the pattern so that the end result only needs one width of backing fabric - maximum width of 40" finished is just so easy for backing. I'm thinking it could be more rectangular...
Stay tuned this week to see the finished product.
Post a Comment
Thanks so much for stopping by and reading a little bit about me and taking the time to comment! Have a wonderful day!