If you've been with me from the beginning of this blogging adventure (or if you've paged back through old posts to numbers 2 and 3) you might remember this quilt.
Finally after 19 months of stopping and starting, the Italian Tiles quilt is hanging in my foyer!
I finished quilting all but the outer border in September of this year, and then I was just stumped on how to quilt that last bit. I settled on a simple diamond pattern that was easily marked by dividing the border into 3" segments. Then it was just a matter of zig-zagging from point to point, once starting at an inside point and another go-around starting at an outside point.
The binding's been ready for months, and I machine finished it on the back (rather than hand-stitching - too time consuming) so that was a pretty speedy step.
And just in time for the end of fall decorations, we were able to replace the fall-themed quilt that was hanging there for not one, not two, but three fall seasons (and everyday in between), with this new lovely that is much more holiday neutral :)
I'm not really hung up on this "completion thing" when it comes to quilting (obviously), but it does feel oh so good to have this one finished and hanging where we can all see it each day!
Beautiful! You know I love this quilt & I'm glad to see it finished and hanging!ReplyDelete
Congratulations on your finish!ReplyDelete
High Five, Shelley!!!ReplyDelete
What a stunning quilt!! And it looks amazing where it's hanging, you can really see it in all it's glory!ReplyDelete