Pages

Thursday, January 24, 2013

going once, going twice...

Another auction item for donation! This one is for my SIL, Lisa, who is the principal of a Lutheran K-8 school. Every spring the school (which includes all grades from K-12) hosts a big dinner and auction to help support school functions and student programs.

If you are a long time reader, you may recognize this quilt top from this post over two years ago! It's been safely tucked away, waiting to be quilted and finished so that a new baby or young child can enjoy it.


The pinwheel center is quilted with a meandering large stipple pattern, while the inner border has some lazy intersecting curves.


On the outer borders I tried something different and quilted the cursive lower case alphabet - it seemed appropriate since the border was already filled with letters!


I wanted the quilt to feel somewhat personalized even though I don't know where it's new home will be, so I used one of my favorite quotes on the label. I don't know who said it, but it always makes me smile when I read it.


The backing is more letters - lots and lots of letters on this quilt! And a machine-sewn binding for durability.


I didn't make a resolution for this to be a year of sewing finishes, but it feels pretty good to have two things done right out of the gate :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by and reading a little bit about me and taking the time to comment! Have a wonderful day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...