Pages

Thursday, July 18, 2013

border challenge 4

I'm playing catch-up on my Border Challenge Quilt! May's design requirement for border #4 was tumbling blocks. I decided to make a very scrappy border of elongated tumbling blocks cut using my Wright's Easy "Fat Cats" ruler.


Each tumbler measures 6.5" in length. Most of the Kaffe, Anna Maria Horner, and Amy Butler fabrics I used for this fourth border are already included elsewhere in the quilt. I never set out to make this a scrappy quilt, but that seems to be the way I'm headed, and I really love how it's turning out!


Another requirement I had to meet for May was to incorporate the color grey - determined by drawing from the infamous crayon bucket. I didn't include any fabrics that are predominately grey, but one of the blue fabrics has some definite grey in the "pebbles" background. You can see it in the bottom right corner of the top photo.


The quilt top now measures 58.5" wide and 65.5" long. The final border requirements are to incorporate applique (yay - finally!) and the color green. Can you say "flowers and vines"? Exactly how I was hoping this project would end!

2 comments:

  1. I so enjoy seeing this quilt - look forward to seeing the finished piece!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and reading a little bit about me and taking the time to comment! Have a wonderful day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...