The flower garden blocks are nearly all complete! All of the fabrics have been chosen and cut, so now it's just a matter of sticking with it. I usually sneak in a bit of hexie sewing time on my Monday morning coffee talks with Thing 2 :)
My quilt guild has been hosting a couple of evening meet ups each month for hand sewers (again at Starbucks) so that provides another opportunity for progress.
The background hexies aren't nearly as exciting as the flowers, but I've got about 40% of those sewn together. I'm using a coloring chart to keep track of the sections; this should make it easier to put the whole thing together when all the components are finished!
I don't have a count of how many background hexies are basted and ready to go, but there is a bag full. And on a recent evening in a fit of paper-punching madness I punched out 622 foundation paper hexagons. Carpal tunnel, here I come!!
Some of these counts are "best-guess"...
- Center Star Colored Hexagons completed: 151/151 (100%)
- Flower Colored Hexagons completed: 475/608 (78%)
- Grey Background Hexagons completed (guessing): 218/532 (40%)
- Total Hexagons completed: 874/1291 (67.6%)
You can read more about the method I use to English Paper Piece (EPP) these hexagons and see the project pattern in this post. Previous progress updates can be viewed here.
I'm a little shocked at how diligently I've managed to stick with this project. I hope my persistence continues!!
I make my papers the same way, we are geniuses!ReplyDelete