Pages

Friday, May 21, 2010

back to the Paintbox

My real life sewing bee group SewMod is getting together this Sunday for a six hour sew-in, and I'm finally going to get back to working on my Paintbox quilt! I am so in love with this quilt!



I cut all the Kona charcoal sashing this week to be prepared for Sunday. There are 80 blocks to be sashed and arranged. I always think I'll get WAAAYY more work done at these sew-ins than actually happens (all that laughing and talking and eating takes up a lot of time!), so I'm trying to be realistic and just hope to finish the left and right sashing.


These are my favorite blocks of the group; they are just so happy - how can you not smile when you see these oranges and yellows?!?!



And now how's this for a "small-world" story: A couple of weeks ago I was working my regular day at the quilt shop and in walks a customer that I know to be a fellow "Kaffe nut". She was looking over the Kona rolls that we had in stock and asked me, "which roll do you think would work best with Kaffe's prints?" So I told her that I was in the middle of a project doing the very same thing, "it's called a Paintbox quilt," I said. Well, she whips out her iPhone (as I'm green with envy because apparently everyone in the universe has one of these things but me) and starts to show me photos of what she's thinking of doing. And whose photo do you think she clicks on FIRST?? That's right - MINE! The photo above is the one she shows me first as I exclaim "those are MY blocks!" and immediately start to feel like kind of a big deal :)

So needless to say, we are each the other's new favorite person, and we fawned and smiled and sighed over Kaffe some more. *sigh* She also chose the "bright" Kona roll for her project...

Next week I'll show you some photos of my weekend progress and my swap quilt that will be mailed out early next week - I've just got to hand sew the binding and label and that little baby is done!

Have a wonderful weekend!!

2 comments:

  1. OMG OMG OMG - someone had your photo on their iPhone. Jeeze Louise that is the coolest thing I've ever heard. You are so funny. And I love the colours, my favourite block is the green and stripey. I'm so jealous you work in a fabric shop and ... most importantly ... walk to the shop right now, stroll in, pick up an iPhone, pay the nice man, stroll out, go home, casual as that. YOU WILL NOT REGRET IT. I persuaded him indoors to get me one for XMAS and I now love it more than him indoors (well nearly).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey it's Zoe! I was reading your blog and I noticed a typo under the orange and yellow blocks - you said may instead of my! I'm not being critical, just helpful. Thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and reading a little bit about me and taking the time to comment! Have a wonderful day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...