Pages

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

a little of this, and a little of that

As I've said before, I am not the kind of girl that always sticks with something until it's finished. Oh, I'll finish it all right, but occasionally my attention wanes, and I think of another pretty thing to start. But my extremely well-informed and reliable nephew assures me that people who are great at starting new things, but not so great on follow-thru are "gifted." Therefore I am off the charts on the gifted spectrum... and you can trust him - he's a lawyer!

This week I've got many "irons in the fire", and each one gets a little attention every now and then. I finished quilting the center medallion on my sunflower wreath mini-quilt. This is the first time I've ever stipple-quilted anything, and I'm pretty pleased with how it turned out. Of course I did spend about 30 minutes practicing the lines with pencil and paper and then stitching on a practice quilt. It's not perfect, but I'm okay with that. Now my friend Jennie is going to give me some advice on embroidery and/or beading on the flowers to add some pizzazz.
Next up is a modified bento box (or quartered squares) design that I first saw at film in the fridge. This will end up as a 20" pillow, but I haven't decided how to quilt it so I have to move on to something else...
Yet another rainbow! This time I'm doing a Dresden Plate design with the pointed tips seen at Sew, Mama, Sew. Initially I had all the fabrics laid out in a random order, but it was too much chaos for me, so I reverted to my rainbow/color spectrum layout. More on all these projects later!
LAWNMOWER UPDATE: Great news! We got a beautiful new lawnmower last weekend with a variable speed power drive (Tool Man Tim Taylor/Allen monkey hoot here), a KEY START and a clippings bag that stays attached when you turn the mower around! Woo-hoo! Now mowing the lawn is fun again!


4 comments:

  1. This made me laugh - just like me - jumping between projects, head full of ideas and then you have to mow the lawn. I dream of a ride on mower but we just have the push-along. Have you seen this Tula Pink quilt?

    http://tulapink.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/plumeroom_2.jpg

    And this one over at Mrs Schenkenmans' also caught my eye:

    http://mrsschmenkmanquilts.wordpress.com/2010/05/04/figure-it-out/.

    Just a few more ideas to fill your head!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you have beads? I can bring my beading box with me to the SewMod meeting tomorrow if you'd like!
    ~ Jennie

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Gifted" - I like it! If that's the definition, then I think I'm pretty "gifted" too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Shelley! Hey I think I might be gifted too! I thought it was A.D.D but I'm totally going with gifted from here on out ; )
    Rainbows are a good thing...my mind often goes that direction too, love rainbows.
    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and reading a little bit about me and taking the time to comment! Have a wonderful day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...