This week I've got many "irons in the fire", and each one gets a little attention every now and then. I finished quilting the center medallion on my sunflower wreath mini-quilt. This is the first time I've ever stipple-quilted anything, and I'm pretty pleased with how it turned out. Of course I did spend about 30 minutes practicing the lines with pencil and paper and then stitching on a practice quilt. It's not perfect, but I'm okay with that. Now my friend Jennie is going to give me some advice on embroidery and/or beading on the flowers to add some pizzazz.
Next up is a modified bento box (or quartered squares) design that I first saw at film in the fridge. This will end up as a 20" pillow, but I haven't decided how to quilt it so I have to move on to something else...
Yet another rainbow! This time I'm doing a Dresden Plate design with the pointed tips seen at Sew, Mama, Sew. Initially I had all the fabrics laid out in a random order, but it was too much chaos for me, so I reverted to my rainbow/color spectrum layout. More on all these projects later!
LAWNMOWER UPDATE: Great news! We got a beautiful new lawnmower last weekend with a variable speed power drive (Tool Man Tim Taylor/Allen monkey hoot here), a KEY START and a clippings bag that stays attached when you turn the mower around! Woo-hoo! Now mowing the lawn is fun again!