Pages

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

MT mini-swap sent and received!

Am I a lucky girl or what? Cornelia in Germany sent me this lovely mini-quilt as part of the Modify Tradition swap. It is made from all Kaffe fabrics with a white background, and I just LOVE it! She named her design "Flying Birds", and it does look like four birds flying into the center of the block.


She hand quilted it (very impressive! I have yet to hand quilt anything) and put this embroidered label on the back. It is hanging on the wall in my sewing room, where I can see it and smile every time I walk into the room. THANK YOU CORNELIA - you do beautiful work, and I am very appreciative of your efforts to make it especially for me!


I also sent my mini-quilt out to my secret partner today. Here it is in all it's summery, Riley Blake goodness...


And here's a sneak peek at the back with the label cropped so you can't see her name ;)


I hope she loves it!

4 comments:

  1. Those are both gorgeous. The Kaffe is just fabulous - all those gorgeous colours. And yours is so clean and crisp and citrussy. And those points - oh my gosh I really hope we don't have to match too many points in our bee - I;m not up to your point matching standards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!! You are one lucky girl!! That quilt is just gorgeous!!

    Now, the quilt you made.....oh I hope it finds its way to my mailbox! Riley Blake and pinwheels....oh be still my heart! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shelley I received your quilt today and I love it! Thank you so much.
    I love Kaffe fabrics lucky you, your mini is wonderful too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your swap partner is so lucky...what a gorgeous mini-quilt!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and reading a little bit about me and taking the time to comment! Have a wonderful day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...