Pages

Friday, February 19, 2010

All things Italian


My husband has an affinity... okay let's call it an addiction... to all things Italian. The food, the wine, the art, the language, you name it. We've been lucky enough to travel to Florence, Rome, and Venice, and he loved them all (me too!) He wants to be an Italian when he grows up.

So last fall I made this wall hanging for our 2-story foyer and he willingly hung it for me. But now it is February and it is STILL hanging there. Long story short he wants a new one hanging there before he takes this one down. He helped pick a pattern and chose... drumroll here... Stoneworks - a pattern based on actual floor tiles from the Basilico di San Marco (St. Mark's Basilica to us English-speakers) in Venice. He really likes batik fabrics, so I've been working on it and the top is almost done! This center will be on point with four more large triangle units on each side.



Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

Shelley

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by and reading a little bit about me and taking the time to comment! Have a wonderful day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...