Pages

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Happy Pinwheels


I started teaching a class last night at Quilt in Joy (the LQS where I work part-time) on how to make this baby quilt. We used the "layered squares" method to make the half-square triangles, and then put together some pinwheels. There were four great ladies in the class, and all their pinwheels looked FANTASTIC! I found the pattern on http://www.modabakeshop.com/, Pinwheel Baby Quilt pattern. Next week the ladies will add the borders and prairie points.
My grandmother crocheted afghans and booties for all seven of her great-grandchildren, and countless others for friends and their grandchildren. I still have the ones she made for my girls; they are so soft and such beautiful colors. I often wonder how may well-loved blankets created by her hands are out there in the world...
It is such a joy to create something beautiful for a new baby. This is my favorite quote to put on the labels of baby quilts:
Every child born into the world
is a new thought of God;
an ever-fresh and radiant possibility.
If that quote and some pinwheels don't bring hope to your heart and a smile to your face, then I don't know what will!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by and reading a little bit about me and taking the time to comment! Have a wonderful day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...