Pages

Thursday, February 10, 2011

the big reveal, part 1

Last night was our swap meeting for the Row Quilt Exchange in my SewMod group - the culmination of a challenge that started last June.

Here's a shot of all the rows I made for the other members...


Each member made one unique row for every other member. I made flying geese for Pattie, flowers for Vicki, log cabins for Kelly, pinwheels for Paige, flying geese (again) for Jennie, Dresdens for Lorrie, and baskets for Andrea.

And these are the rows I received last night! They are up on the design wall, and I just can't get over how wonderful they are all together!


We each provided the other members with a "focus" fabric fat quarter to aid in selecting colors for the rows we were assigned to make. This is my focus... Kaffe (of course) Roman Glass in Red.


Some close-ups of what I brought home:

Log cabins made by Kelly...


Dresdens from Lorrie...


Flying geese made by Pattie...


Paige provided these pinwheels...


A row of flowers (and a bird!) from Vicki...


And baskets from Andrea...


I going to think long and hard about how I'll finish this quilt. Maybe a tiny border of turquoise around each row to separate them? The row I'm supposed to make for myself is stars, so maybe I'll do an all-around border of wonky stars? I really want the showcase to be the superior workmanship and creativity of my friends, but hey - it's Kaffe's fabric - so I don't think anything sedate will do. It's a fine line, and I'm going to need to study these beauties for a while longer before making a plan.

Right now I'm content to just sit in my chair and enjoy the view :)

Thank you, thank you, thank you to all my SewMod friends! I couldn't be happier!

4 comments:

  1. I've loved watching what you've been making and now it's lovely to see all of these together - what a great project. And those are some talented quilters you have there - what fun to work on a project like this together. This is going to make a fab quilt - all different styles and of course the themed FQ had to be Kaffe - we love Kaffe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love them all, but those cutie-pie little dresden flowers take the cake for me. You are going to have so much fun putting this together and showing it off to us again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this idea for an exchange! Such fun patterns and fabrics used by all.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and reading a little bit about me and taking the time to comment! Have a wonderful day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...