Pages

Thursday, June 7, 2012

girly clothes

I finally got around to sewing one of the skirts I had planned to make last summer, and I finished it just in time to wear it to Thing 1's high school graduation ceremony and party in late May!

True to the pattern name (It's So Easy, It's Simplicity 2410), it was pretty easy to cut and sew. I had to make some adjustments to the waist size, which took me quite a bit of time to get it just right since the facing is intended to fit snugly around your middle (and it's been quite a few months since I altered a commercial pattern). But other than the tailoring bit, it could have easily been completed in one day.


It has a left side standard zipper, which I would change to an invisible zipper if I made the skirt again. I will probably always be wearing a shirt or light sweater that covers the facing area, so no one can see the zipper, but it's not the cleanest zipper insertion I've ever done, and I think the placement is better suited to an invisible type.


I really love the bottom flounce - it gives it that extra touch of girly-ness, and the not-quite-pink, not-quite-lavender color is perfect for spring and summer! The pattern called for a sash to tie around the facing, and while I did make it, I chose not to add it since it just seemed bulky without adding that much pizzazz.


The fabric is Cherry Blossom in Lavender from Bari J. Ackerman's In Full Bloom line. I love that fabric so much that I've got another three yards in the fabric closet!

There is another skirt cut out and partially sewn on my work table right now. My goal is to wear it Saturday, so I'll let you know if I get it finished on time :)

1 comment:

  1. So pretty and summery! I've been eying that pattern because of the flounce, nice to see it looks so good made up.

    (Pulled fabrics for some new skirts three weeks ago, and have done nothing else on them since... you are way ahead of me!)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and reading a little bit about me and taking the time to comment! Have a wonderful day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...